Friday, September 21, 2007

How do you Worship?

There are two different kinds of worship. Individual and corporate. I am a very emotional person. In corporate worship I often cry. That is very hard for me to do because as emotional as I am I also don't like showing those emotions. I've come to realize though that it is through my tears that I can worship God. They may be tears of joy, sorrow, forgiveness. When I am on my own there is one specific way I love to worship but don't get to do often. I love to worship God through the piano. I am no Mozart, shoot I'm not really that good, but when my fingers touch those keys I am able to convey exactly what is in my heart. I am able to go before God's throne with my heart wide open. When I was in college I frequented the chapel almost every night to play on the beautiful grand piano. How I miss those days! If only I had a piano available to me. Someday when we have our own place we will invest but for now I take any time I can get. Right now I am listening to a piano solo and it is speaking the heaviness in my heart but that will need to be shared later, after the kids are in bed.

No comments: